Saturday, September 6, 2014

About Me

I'm Sam.

          I could start with the basics about me... my family, how old I am.... but I don't think that's what anybody's here for. If you did find your way to this little blog of mine, then welcome. I'll warn you - I'm a complicated person. Different, I guess. Not in a bad way. So here goes... all about me
         If you couldn't tell from my quote of the week, I'm really into music. Probably too much. It's basically become the fabric of my being - I define myself by the artists I listen to, because their influence has made me who I am. So, to tell you about myself, I'm going to start here - with what I love.
        My story starts about 2 years ago. I was working out when I heard a song on Pandora I had not heard before. "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark" was the title. It's by Fall Out Boy, popular not too long ago. I liked it so much that I created a station out of it. Remember, this was just the beginning. The music meant nothing to me - I liked it, that's all. So I kept listening. Learned about songs I already knew existed 
but never really had heard before. "Thnks Fr Th Mmrs" and "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" (the last one is by Panic! at The Disco). These songs were good, but still, meant nothing. I didn't see them the way I do now. 
          That all changed on May 17th, 2013. To be honest, it's not a date I like to talk about. Most people don't know unless they know my parents, and even then some people have no idea. But, this is about me, and to tell you who I am you need to know. You may have noticed I started my story only two years ago. I did just that to explain the start of the music aspect. I would have began from this date, because it changed me forever. On May 17th, 2013, my dad had a stroke. A major, dangerous, nearly fatal stroke. He was paralyzed in the hospital for a long time, and then he was brought to a rehabilitation hospital. He was still mostly paralyzed when he went there, they told him he would never walk again. This was not a fun time for my family. My mom was stressed out because dad wasn't home and she had three kids to take care of, my brothers didn't really know what was going on, so I turned to the one friend I had always had, no matter what. Music. 
          Music is the definition of me. I sing, I act, and I listen to music. Now, I see music and myself differently than I did before... The lyrics mean something. When everything in the world goes wrong music is right. I grew up dancing to bands every morning with my dad, the two oversized speakers in my house on almost-full volume. Whenever I'm home alone with my brothers (Eli, 3, Brandt, 11) I continue that tradition. I want to be a lead singer in a band, to do what Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, My Chemical Romance, and twenty one pilots have done for me. I want to be a friend to those who feel like they have none, to save people who need saving. I don't know where to start - how does a thirteen year old girl chase her dreams? I'm doing what I can at Cheshire Academy (It's why I came here), but for now, I'm still dreaming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment